Linda Carter claimed many people asked her to apply for the interim Mayor position once former Mayor Hodges decided to step down. It is probably true that her inner circle of friends asked her to put down her fishing pole and join them in manipulating a majority of the Board of Aldermen to appoint her as at Interim Mayor.
Carter’s persona as a nice, God fearing, Bible quoting grandmother quickly disappeared once she was appointed as Interim Mayor of Millington. Had former Mayor Harvell been appointed when he was nominated, Millington would not had to suffer the wickedness that happened to the City of Millington during Carter’s reign of terror. Prior to her appointment, the only major issues pending in Millington during 2012 were the completion of Veteran Parkway and the Municipal School District.
Instead of keeping the status quo during her appointed interim Mayor position, she used her newly elevated position to advance her own agenda, not for what was best for the City of Millington.
Her first official business as a 12-month Interim Mayor was to change Millington’s form of government in 28-days. This was done without consideration to the
citizens of Millington. With 2012 being an election year it could have easily been on the ballot as a referendum for the citizens to decide if they wanted a change of government.
Also during Interim Mayor Carter 12 month tenure:
- Longtime employees were forced to retire, were terminated or they quit
because of Carter’s leadership
- Making loans from the Sewer Fund to other fund accounts i.e. Street Aid Fund that should not have been taking place because the Sewer Fund account is required by the State to be self-sufficent. Finance Director Trusty knows how close the City of Millington sewer and water billing services almost was taken over by the State of TN. Why is he making loans from that account to other accounts? Could it be that Finance Director Trusty is fast and furious with our tax dollars, Carter kept him instead of letting him go as everyone knows she had planned to do when she was appointed?
- Police Department severely understaffed (and still underpaid)
- The anchors given to the City of Millington as gifts from the Navy was sold as scrap
- The City of Millington went from two day trash pickup to a one day pickup creating health issues for many because of flies and rodents
- A new department was created with 4 new management positions resulting in 5 employees’ receiving salaries totaling over $200,000.00
- Combined the Planning Department with the Public Works Department
- Created a controversial verbal water policy
- As Interim Mayor, Carter have more lawsuits filed against the city than any of Millington preceding ELECTED Mayors
The City should be thankful we just had 12 months and not 4 years of Linda Carter being Mayor of Millington…I know I am!
Week of May 20, 2013…To view click on Job Opening Picture
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010